Social Banners

Header image

Header image

Meet Isabel from Krue & Co.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017


We sell products from many local vendors here at Pretty in Paint, and we love the idea of supporting and investing in our local economy! We wanted to introduce some of our vendors here on the blog, starting with the lovely Isabel, the heart and soul of Krue & Co. If you have been in our shop recently, you've surely seen some of her beautiful signage! Let's get to know her:

"Almost three years ago, my husband and I were newly married. Finances were tight as we were both going to school, and we were barely getting by", explains owner Isabel Thomas, "I wanted to contribute, but didn't know what that would look like. I found out there was an opening for a sign vendor at Pretty in Paint, but I hadn't had a ton of experience. The start up costs were about $300, which at the time was a big deal for us. I prayed and prayed, and took the leap, buying the machine. I had my first debut as a sign vendor in 2015, and over the last year, I have begun making signs full-time!"

"As a stay-at-home mom to a one year old little boy, making these signs has allowed me to supplement my income, while being able to stay at home with my son. I want to show him how we can serve the Lord in different ways, through what we do. Serving the Lord will look different for everyone, and I am in constant prayer over the signs that I sell. I hope they always bless someone, through laughter, the words they pray over their children, or the verse that has gotten them through a hard time", she continues, "My vision is always for these items to be hung up, in homes, as a piece of decor that says something about them and gives their space meaning".

The faith-based, inspiring work by Krue & Co. are some of our highlighted pieces here in the shop. Isabel herself has a favorite sign, and explains, "My favorite sign is about four feet longer and says, Holy Spirit, you are welcome here. When my son was born, all we had to do was turn that song on, and it calmed him down to sleep. It is a special memory that I hold dear." As a small business, Isabel hopes to expand and sell her signs in more places, and wants to give back to the community who has supported her so kindly. She also hopes to expand to an online presence. "Being a small business means late nights and dreaming", she adds, "It means doing a bit of a happy dance when your items sell, and always being blown away by the people who show up and bless you by purchasing from you. It means meeting others and empowering each other; creating community over competition. For me, it also means working from my garage and raising my baby in sawdust and paint!"

Right now, Pretty in Paint is the place to purchase Isabel's gorgeous work, and you can check out her work on Instagram HERE!

Post a Comment